26/11/2009

DIY

So I posted a few days ago that I wanted to stud a shirt collar. And I did! On Sunday actually. I wore it on Tuesday and took a couple of snaps but I take a while with these things. Anyway here is the result.



Due to lack of funds I used one of my mum's old shirts rather than buy a new one, and it's a little big, but I chopped off and rolled the sleeves, and I like the oversized look anyway.

In an homage to The Sartorialist I wore the shirt with a jumper, but it didn't work quite as well. I discovered I didn't have any round neck jumpers, except this illustrated people one which has a big neck, but I wore my hair down to cover the space [one of the advantages of long long hair].

11 comments:

  1. Cool! Were you inspired by the guy photographed by the Sartorialist a couple days ago?

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I actually made a post about it further down, it was such an unexpected detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cool-looking collar! I love it! xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo cool! i have this flannel shirt i want to add studs to, how did you do it? it looks great (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Great project!
    www.thefashionseen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the diy, great idea!


    http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

    come check me out and follow if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU DID A GREAT JOB..I ADORE THE COLLAR!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was actually thinking about doing that after seeing that exact post on The Sartorialist! You did a fantastic job! Follow me, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic DIY! I think it looks awesome oversized too. I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete