12/11/2009

rpattz

I'm pretty terrible at being quick at posting things, and I know this issue of AnOtherMan has been out a while, but I felt a need to appreciate Robert Pattinson. The interview is good: after reading a million of them it's true that there isn't much more to say, and inevitably I think Rob, plus the rest of the Twilight cast, can't avoid repeating information. But I think the photography and styling is pretty sweet. A lot of magazines have put him in a sharp suit, and he has already expressed a loathing of being made to wear things he would not choose himself, presenting himself to be something he is not. In this shoot, his hair is how it always is: scruffy-chic. I can definitely see him in any of the clothes worn here: the Schott leather jacket looks like he's worn it for years, the black Marc Jacobs coat looks like one he's just picked up for winter, the vintage Levis denim and loose shirt look like everyday clothes. Essentially, Robert is himself in these clothes, and they do not look like a stylist has come and shown him what he must wear. He looks comfortable and natural, a hard feat to pull off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment